- Hong Kong means Fragrant Harbor.
- Hong Kong consists of Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, the New Territories, and several other smaller islands spread
over 1,092 square kilometres.
- Hong Kong’s official languages are Chinese (Spoken Cantonese) and English.
- Hong Kong has more Rolls Royce’s per person than any other city in the world.
- Hong Kong has the most skyscrapers (classified as building with more than 14 floors) in the world; double that of its nearest rival: New York City.
- Hong Kong is counted amongst the most densely populated areas of the world.
- Hong Kong was taken over by the British forces after the defeat of China in the Opium War of 1842. On July 1st, 1997,
- Hong Kong became a Special Administrative Region of China.
- The emblem of the reunification of Hong Kong with China is Sousa Chinensis (the Chinese White Dolphin)
Hong Kong is an autonomous territory, and former British colony, in southeastern China. Its vibrant, densely populated urban centre is a major port and global financial hub with a skyscraper-studded skyline. Central (the business district) features architectural landmarks like I.M. Pei‚s Bank of China Tower. Hong Kong is also a major shopping destination, famed for bespoke tailors and Temple Street …