- 4th largest country in the world In square footage, China is the fourth largest country in the world, after the United States, Canada and Russia. Even though China is the 4th largest, it has the highest population in the world. According to the CIA World Factbook, in 2014 the population reached a number of 1,355,692,576.
- Ping Pong is China’s National Sport Some may not even consider ping pong a sport, but after watching the intense ping pong matches in China you may change your mind. China completely dominates when it comes to ping pong champions. In the last three Olympics, China has won every gold medal in ping pong, and the top 5 ping pong players in the world are all Chinese.
- Toilet Paper was invented in China Can you imagine a world without toilet paper? I prefer not to. This simple invention is something we often take for granted. But, if it was not for the ancient Chinese in A.D. 851, this necessity may never have been invented.
- Tea was discovered in China Tea has been used and consumed for thousands of years in China. It was often utilized as a medicine when it was first used in the 10th century BC. Since then, the customs and use of tea have flourished and evolved. There are an entire culture and art that surrounds Chinese tea. There are certain ways to grow, brew, serve and drink tea.
- China is home to the world’s largest canal
The Grand Canal, starting in Beijing, is the longest in the world at 1,115 miles. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is not only the world’s longest, but also the oldest canal.