- Drink the tap water
- Adopt the belovedÂ local motto of ÃžaÃ° reddastâ€¦sooner rather than later.
- Read up on Icelandic history and current events beforehand to get a better sense of its cuisine, society, and culture.
- Pack layers for all seasons.
- Use credit cards everywhere.
- Donâ€™t confine your trip to Reykjavik; venture out into the countryside and beyond.
- Donâ€™t be too quick to write off the Icelandic cuisine.
- Donâ€™t take cabs everywhere; walk whenever possible.
- Donâ€™t act surprised that Icelanders can speak English.
- Donâ€™t take 24 hours of daylight lightly.