- Drink the tap water
- Adopt the belovedÃ‚Â local motto of ÃƒÅ¾aÃƒÂ° reddastÃ¢â‚¬Â¦sooner rather than later.
- Read up on Icelandic history and current events beforehand to get a better sense of its cuisine, society, and culture.
- Pack layers for all seasons.
- Use credit cards everywhere.
- DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t confine your trip to Reykjavik; venture out into the countryside and beyond.
- DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t be too quick to write off the Icelandic cuisine.
- DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t take cabs everywhere; walk whenever possible.
- DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t act surprised that Icelanders can speak English.
- DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t take 24 hours of daylight lightly.