- Do wear a mask, a surgical mask, as a courtesy to those around you if you ever get the sniffles in Tokyo
- Do leave your US wallet at home.
- Do carry lots of cash.
- Do be sure to take off your shoes when you enter a house.
- Be prepared to carry your trash around with you in Tokyo.
- Donâ€™t try to push open a sliding door.
- Donâ€™t ever rest your chopsticks in your food (except at funerals).
- Donâ€™t jaywalk in Tokyo.
- Donâ€™t talk on your cell phone on a subway car or bus.
- Donâ€™t be an early riser.
- No hugging.
- Donâ€™t expect to walk at your usual pace.
- Donâ€™t expect to pay at the table at restaurants.
- Donâ€™t eat on the street.