- Train platforms are confusing
- Trains in Japan really do run exactly on time
- Bicycles are everywhere
- Hotel breakfasts are quite good!
- English TV programming is quite rare
- Convenience stores really are…convenient!
- Customer Service is incomparably amazing
- Vending machines are everywhere
- Power lines are everywhere
- Tokyo can be quite confusing – but that’s part of the fun
Tokyo, Japan‚s busy capital, mixes the ultramodern and the traditional, from neon-lit skyscrapers to historic temples. The opulent Meiji Shinto Shrine is known for its towering gate and surrounding woods. The Imperial Palace sits amid large public gardens. The city’s many museums offer exhibits ranging from classical art (in the Tokyo National Museum) to a reconstructed kabuki theater (in the …