- South Africa is now the only country in the world to have hosted the Soccer, Cricket and Rugby World Cup!
- The Cape Floral Kingdom is one of the world’s six floral kingdoms – and the only one which is wholly contained within a single country.
- South Africa is the only country in the entire world that has voluntarily abandoned its nuclear weapons programme.
- The South African Rovos Rail is considered the most luxurious train in the world.
- South Africa is home to the highest commercial Bungy jump in the world at 710 feet.
- There are more than 2000 shipwrecks off the South African coast, most dating back at least 500 years.
South Africa is the southernmost country on the African continent. South Africa encloses two landlocked African countries which are eSwatini (formerly called Swaziland) and Lesotho. Both countries are ruled by kings and the people there are very poor. The southern-most tip of Africa boasts a bit of well, everything. Despite being the second most visited country in Africa Morocco’s first.
Places in South AfricaFind More
South Africa is a very diverse country with people of African, European, and Indian backgrounds reflected in their culture. There are a variety of customs, and many indigenous peoples in Africa still maintained the original style. Inland safari destination Kruger National Park is populated by big game. The Western Cape offers beaches, lush winelands around Stellenbosch and Paarl, craggy cliffs …
Biltong All over South Africa you can find strips of what looks like dark old leather that are eaten as a snack ‚ this is the famous biltong. Biltong is a thinly sliced, tough and salty air-dried meat, most often beef or game like springbok, rather like beef jerky. You will also find droewors, air-dried sausages. Indigenous African peoples use …
Do’s & Dont’s
South Africa Don’ts Do not ever use ‚negro‚ or ‚black‚ which is banned in Africa, as it‚s thought reflecting black slaves and their descendants who were trafficked to the United States. Do not call African indigenous ‚African‚, as in Africa, the so-called African refers only to a specific group of people, the Republic of South Africa Netherlands Hispanic whites. Do …