- Do not carry large sums of money when shopping and do not wear expensive jewelry.
- Do not accept food and drink from strangers; visitors have known to be drugged and then robbed.
- Don’t drink the water from the tap, but don’t insult your host/hostess!
- Do take along small bills for spending money. Most shops, except those in large commercial districts, canâ€™t exchange large bills of any currency. To protect against pickpockets, travelers may want to divide up their cash into small quantities to put in different places.
- Bring your passport and a copy. Make 2 copies of your passport. Leave one at home.
- Leave your drugs at home.