Czech Republic Do’s
- Introduce yourself with a firm handshake
- Always make sure that your hotel room/apartment is locked whenever you leave!
- Always keep your hotel/apartment address and important phone numbers with you.
- always exchange currency at a currency exchange office or bank, never on the street as this money is often counterfeit
- avoid contact with women and men acting as street prostitutes as they are often pickpockets
- take care when using cash machines
- be aware of consumption charges in night clubs;Â they are often high. Be careful with consumption cards, which carry high financial penalties if they are lost before the billÂ is paid
Czech Republic Don’ts
- Speak in a loud voice.
- Draw the attention to yourself.
- Come with a hen/ stag/ bachelor party.
- Do not jump to business right away; take some time for small talk
- Don’t change any money with people in the street.
- Don’t pick up any girls from the street and take them back to the apartment or hotel, especially if they are not native Czechs!
- Don’t park in the blue zone, if you do you will be clamped. Also, the town police now tow, they will take your car away if you do not pay the clamp fine quickly.
- donâ€™t buy drugs on the street asÂ sale and distribution is illegal and the drugs are often hazardous counterfeits