- Canada has the longest coastline in the world with 202,080km/125.567miles
- Three Canadian islands are among the top ten biggest islands in the world. They are Baffin Islands (more than double the size of Great Britain), Victoria Island and Ellesmere Island (both are roughly the size of England).
- Canada has more than 31,700 big lakes that are over 300ha. big. In fact, more than half of all the lakes in the world are located in Canada!
The country also has two of the biggest lakes in the world: Great Bear Lake and Great Slave Lake.
- Nine out of ten Canadians live in the US-Canada border region (up to 200km from the US/Canada border).
- The Bay of Fundi in the eastern part of Canada has the highest tides in the world. The waves there are more than thirteen meters high.
- Jasper Nationalpark in the Rocky Mountains spans over several vegetation zones.
- Canada’s biggest bay is Hudson Bay which was discovered in 1610.