- Myanmar still uses the imperial system
- Is it Myanmar or Burma?
- The Myanmar Water festival
- The longyi in Myanmar preferred method of carrying things is on the head
- The Kingdom of Pagan
- The new capital city that appeared overnight
Myanmar (pronounced MEE’-an-mar) is a country in Southeast Asia that shares borders with China, India, Laos, Bangladesh and Thailand. It was formerly known as Burma.
Myanmar (formerly Burma) is a Southeast Asian nation of more than 100 ethnic groups, bordering India, Bangladesh, China, Laos and Thailand. Yangon (formerly Rangoon), the country’s largest city, is home to bustling markets, numerous parks and lakes, and the towering, gilded Shwedagon Pagoda, which contains Buddhist relics and dates to the 6th century.
1. Tea leaf salad This is the most popular Myanmar food. To make the dish, the sour, slightly bitter leaves are mixed by hand with shredded cabbage, sliced tomatoes, nuts and peas. The dish can be a snack, an appetizer or, coupled with a plate of rice. 2. Shan-style rice Known as fish rice, this Shan dish is among the …
Myanmar Do’s: Say ‚Mingalarbar‚ whenever you meet someone for the first time Be honest, friendly and helpful Remember to put ‚U‚ before the names of the men and ‚Daw‚ before the names of the women whenever you address someone (‚U‚ and ‚Daw‚ act as ‚Mr‚ and ‚Ms‚ in English) When you want to offer something, remember to do it with …