- Do shake hands with everyone, start with the oldest first. Expect a kiss on each cheek, a hug or a pat on the back from those you know.
- Do dress stylishly with nice accessories.
- Do leave your valuables in the hotel safe. Wear a money belt or something to keep money really close to your body to avoid pickpocket attack.
- Do carry small changes for using the public toilets.
- Do be prepared for late lunch and dinner. Remember that dinner is around 9 PM and some restaurants won‚t get hopping until 11!
- Do tip a little if you want.
- Do rest your wrists at the edge of the table when eating.
- Do give gifts and if receiving a gift open it immediately.
- Do be patient. The Spanish have a very relaxed view of time.
- Do make use of the public transport system.
- Do try the local coffee shops.
- Do not complain about smoking. Spaniards often say that people who complain about such things are ‚afraid of life‚. Smoking is widely accepted in Spain.
- Do not get involved with any drugs. The penalties for the possession of any kind of drugs are severe in Spain.
- Do not wear shorts in public, except to the beach.
- Do not eat with your hands.
- Do not walk around at night alone.
- Do not cross the eight lane roads anywhere except at the crossings.
- Do not watch the street entertainers for too long as the pickpockets likely to make you there victim.