Gran Canaria Do’s
- Know your limit. Most hangovers are caused by drinking more than your body can tolerate and allowing yourself to become dehydrated.
- Avoid drinks with high methanol content.
- Try to eat something – bread, pasta, rice Ã¢â‚¬â€œ before drinking.
- If you cannot eat, drink a large glass of water (500ml) before you start.
- Alternate alcohol with water Ã¢â‚¬â€œ match each drink with 300ml (3/4 pint) of water.
- Before you go to bed try and drink as much water as you think you have drunk alcohol and then 2-3 glasses more. That might seem a lot but its worth it, if you can manage it.
- Take a bottle of water to bed and drink more water if you wake in the night.
- Enjoy Canarian Christmas Traditions
Gran Canaria Don’ts
- DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t use the water directly from the tap or if you have to, make sure it is boiled for at least 5 minutes.
- Don’t go out in the sun.
- Don’t pop any blisters.