- Arrange an Aurora hunting session with an experienced guide if possible.
- Sample some of the hearty and delicious Lappish cuisine.
- Visit the wonderful Sami museum in Inari to learn about the history and culture of native peoples in Lapland.
- Make an effort and say, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Excuse me,Ã¢â‚¬Â if you want to pass someone. But donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t expect a reaction. The right way to do it is to just push your way around.
- Refrain from discussing architect Alvar Aalto or composer Jean Sibelius; instead,talk about contemporary talent, like singer Karita Mattila or conductor Esa-Pekka Salonen. Know a few athletesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ names, and youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve made friends for life.
- Visit on a tight budget.
- Miss out on a sleigh ride.
- Forget to choose your season carefully.
- Visit without calling first. The door may not open without a prior notice, especially on weekends.
- Tip. People are not used to tips and donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t always know how to react.