San JosÃ© Do’sÂ
- Do use your Spanish, no matter how limited your speaking skills are.
- Do take public transportation or arrange for your travel company to transport you, rather than rent a car.
- Do participate in all the great activities on offer
- Do bring your own sunscreen.
- Do bring an umbrella and raincoat.
- Do bring an extra pair of sandals and sneakers if your feet are US womens size 9+ or US mens size 11+.
- Do get a room.
- Do learn and use the phrase pura vida (pronounced POO-ra BEE-da).
San JosÃ© Don’tsÂ
- Donâ€™t bathe nude at the beach!
- Donâ€™t tip.
- Donâ€™t hike in the rainforest off of any marked paths!
- Donâ€™t plan a vacation to Costa Rica during the Christmas and Easter holidays.
- Donâ€™t pick plants or hunt for seashells.
- Donâ€™t be surprised.
- Donâ€™t skimp out by not paying for a local naturalist guide.
- Donâ€™t wear bright colors if you hope to see elusive wildlife.