Sao paulo Do’s:
- Leave the bulk of your money and important documents (Passport, license, etc.) at your hotel or hostel. Just carry the money you need for the day.
- If you need to draw money, choose and ATM inside a bank or a shopping mall rather than one on the street.
- Always check in you hotel or hostel if certain areas are safe.
- When visiting a crowded place, do not wear valuable jewelry, as pickpocketing is unfortunately a threat.
- Try to learn some Portuguese, as many Brazilians do not speak English.
- Keep in mind, in Brazil it is customary for a man introduced to a woman to provide a kiss in a cheek.
- The metro is a very safe transportation system so you will not have security problems there. Nevertheless it is good to watch your belongings when it is crowded.
- If you are a victim of a crime, be sure to report it to the police, I leave the number at the end of this article.
Sao paulo DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ts:
- Tourists should avoid walking on deserted areas at night
- Avoid using expensive jewelry or clothes that make you stand out.
- Even though many people would be happy to help you, always prefer the help of an identified police officer or employee.
- Some areas could be dangerous all day, like run-down areas (favelas). They can be easily recognized, so if you are not sure about it, it is better to avoid them.