Rio de JaneiroÂ Doâ€™s
- Order a coconut, beers and caipis from beach kiosks and bask in the tropical sun.
- Watch the locals play futebol on Copacabana.
- Wander the streets of Ipanema, Copacabana and Leblon.
- Feel comfortable and laid-back while downing some acai and other local fruit at open air cafes.
- Frolic inside Jardim Botanico and feast your eyes on tree lines paths and lily pad filled ponds.
- See a game at MaracanÃ£ Stadium.
- Purchase a window seat when flying into Rio to seeÂ the various green peaks popping all over the city.
- Learn portuguese phrases that will help you along the way like “Hi” and “Thank you”.
Rio de Janeiro Donâ€™ts
- Attempt to visit Christ the Redeemer without buying your tickets online first.
- Drink the tap water. Due to the chlorine content, it does taste rather bad!
- Carry expensive items with you and make sure you have only enough cash for what you need.