- Smile when you greet the Filipinos.
- Address people and business partners by using titles such as Sir, Mister or Miss.
- Come in appropriate clothes when visiting churches or government institutions.
- Try to learn basic Tagalog words and phrases.
- Show respect to customs, traditions, laws and culture.
- Present and receive business cards using both hands.
- Use the thumbs-up sign for “OK”.
- Eat street food unless you know it’s safe for consumption.
- Give alms to the poor on the road.
- Beckon or point with your index finger when calling someone.
- Show off your valuables and gadgets.
- Discuss or debate Philippine politicsÃ‚Â with strangers.